The Broadoaks Professional Development Institute (PDI) is a customizable program designed to assist teaching professionals implement a developmentally-based approach to active learning in their own classrooms and home-based settings. The program includes workshops on selected topics as well as opportunities to work with children in the company of Broadoaks demonstration teachers. Educators from many parts of the United States and Europe have attended Broadoaks Professional Development Institutes.
Broadoaks PDI Includes:
* Up to five full days of seminars and fieldwork on specific topics determined in advance by PDI instructors and representatives of the schools/agencies contracting for services
* Scheduled follow-up activities
* Instructional materials–sample lesson plans and lots of ideas
* Co-teaching opportunities in Broadoaks’ classrooms (Learn by doing!)
* Continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments each day
Program Costs (Subject to Change):
Five-Day PDI: $1,400 per person for the five-day institute. Follow-up consultation available at an additional charge.
One-Day to Four-Day Institutes: $300 per person per day.
Click here for the Broadoaks PDI Brochure.
For further information or to schedule a Professional Development Institute, contact the front office at (562) 907-4250.